Position Available: Chair of BioPhotonics, Centre for Nanoscale BioPhotonics
Job no: 493717
Work type: Continuing – Full-time
Categories: Faculty of Health Sciences
- Prestigious international university
- ARC Centre of Excellence
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Career development opportunities
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia’s third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
The University of Adelaide is seeking to appoint an outstanding individual at Professorial level to the position of Chair of BioPhotonics within the ARC Centre of Excellence for Nanoscale BioPhotonics.
The Centre (2014-2021) is a $38 million collaboration between the University of Adelaide, Macquarie University and RMIT University in partnership with 11 other international institutions. The mission of the Centre is to discover new approaches to the measurement of nano-scale dynamic phenomena in living systems.
CNBP researchers are driving the development of new devices to measure and sense at a nanoscale level – providing new ways of understanding cellular processes within the human body. The Centre brings together expertise in physics, material science, chemistry, biochemistry, embryology, neuroscience and cardiovascular science – to work in a truly transdisciplinary environment.
The CNBP is seeking a Chair of BioPhotonics to join the team to lead the BioPhotonics portion of Centre activities. In addition the successful candidate will be offered a leadership role in the Biological Sensing and Medical Diagnostics theme of the Institute for Photonics and Advanced Sensing.
To be successful you should have:
- An outstanding international research record in a field relevant to BioPhotonics, as evidenced by publications, citations, competitive grant success and recognition by the international/national science communities.
- Experience in the translation of BioPhotonics to biological applications in a transdisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated proven record of building and leading effective research teams, working collaboratively across sectors and disciplines.
Well-developed communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in a research organisation.
The Chair of BioPhotonics is a tenurable Professorial position with a generous start up package.
Please address and upload your responses to the full list of selection criteria. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Prof Mark Hutchinson, Director, CNBP; telephone: +61 8 8313 0322 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information, position description and selection criteria.
Posted on July 6, 2015, in IPASnews, jobs and tagged ARC Centre of Excellence for Nanoscale BioPhotonics, Centre for Nanoscale BioPhotonics, Chair of BioPhotonics, CNBP, institute for photonics and advanced sensing, ipas, university of adelaide. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.