“Photons for Medicine and Materials Science” – Melbourne, Australia 19 to 21 February 2010
The workshop “Photons for Medicine and Materials Science” will be held at Mt Eliza, Melbourne, Australia from the 19th to the 21st of February, immediately following the Biology and Synchrotron Radiation and Medical Applications of Synchrotron Radiation (http://www.bsr2010.org/) conferences. The scope of the workshop is to promote collaboration between Australian and Italian synchrotron scientists in the application of synchrotron radiation to medical, biological, and materials science.
Speakers and topics include:
• Life sciences and Infrared: Mark Tobin (Australian Synchrotron, AS) and Lisa Vaccari (Elettra)
• Biomolecules on Surfaces: Michael Gladys (Uni Newcastle), Kevin Prince (Elettra) • SAXS applied to life sciences and nano materials: Heinz Amenitsch (Austrian Academy of Science), Nigel Kirby (AS)
• Soft x-ray Microscopy: Alessandra Gianoncelli (Elettra), Paul Dastoor (Uni Newcastle),
Alexei Barinov (Elettra), Sarah Harmer (Uni SA)
• Materials and Surfaces: Alessandro Baraldi (Elettra), Bruce Cowie (AS), Bill Skinner
(Uni SA), Roland de Marco (Curtin Uni) • SR Instrumentation: Chris Hall (AS), Ralf Menk (Elettra)
• Future Light Sources and their Applications: Enrico Allaria (Elettra), Andrew Peele
(Uni La Trobe), Claudio Masciovecchio (Elettra)
• Medical Imaging: Daniel Hausemann (AS), Andreas Fouras (Monash Uni), Giuliana
Tromba (Elettra), James Pearson (Monash Uni)
Organizing committee: Rob Lamb (Chair, Uni Melbourne), Oscar Moze (Scientific Attaché, Italian Embassy, Canberra), Steve Gower (AS), Kevin Prince (Elettra), Giuliana Tromba (Elettra), Steve Wilkins (CSIRO), James Pearson (Monash Uni), Maya Kiskinova (Elettra.)
The workshop is supported by the Italian Embassy and the Commonwealth of Australia under the International Science Linkages program’.